My singapore Idol!

My singapore Idol!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Recess week...NOT!

I thought recess week means that next week i dont need to come everyday lol. I think just it is a wishful thinking. After my weekly group meeting today, my sup hinted me and the other iran gal from same yr as me but she is from BIE that next week is recess week and wat is our plan. Actually i dunhave much plan and just to go back lab maybe 3 days for next week. Then yah, I was told that I have to work on a mini project(a subset of my senior phd project). After the meeting, I had a mini-weekly meet up lunch with wendy at canteen a. Aftter lunch, I made my way to my office. To my shock, when i was waiting for my lift to get to B4 to my office, I felt my hp vibrating. I was wondering who would call me at this time and took a look at the caller. I was of coz startled; it is my boss. He asked me whether i am free now and can see him in the office. Along the way to his office, i was pondering over wat deeds i have done to upset him or anger him. Reluctantly i went to his office and was once again, greeted by a smiling face. He asked me about my plan and luckily i have typed out my workplan immediately after the group meeting. Monday:innoculation, tuesday: incubate and harvest, Wednesday: sonication and purification. Then he told me not to work on staphy first as it is more dangerous. So yah, I would be working with a 2nd yr phd korean student on E coli and he said maybe at 2nd sem then i can work on staphylococcus. So my project focus need to be rearranged and change species 1st but quite true, coz the journals i found mostly are working on Ecoli then maybe it would be easier for me. haha. Then afterwhich, he ask me abt my coursework, followed by my family. Phew! I was only scaring myself. Back to the office i was waiting happily for the time to eat ice cream buffet. I love macadamia nuts, super lemon and soursop ( i would have love green tea and lime sherbert if they served them:() icecream. The apple tart and walnut cheesecake i like too. chocolate cakes are soft. The quality is premium:). Then the 4 of us, PP, YM, WC and me meet up with hx to have dinner at cwp. We played arcade and walk ard. It was a well-spent day. I enjoy every minute of the gathering with good friends:)