My singapore Idol!

My singapore Idol!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

celebrations-mid autumn festival

Last friday was an amazing day. Although morning had a group meeting; presentation as usual, the follow up events made it a special day. In the afternoon, my sup treated us to palatte in ntu as a welcome lunch for us "freshies"; me and the other iran gal in the lab. I should have ordered grilled fish, but I, being guilty, dare not do that and chose a chicken cutlet instead. Afterall, I am not used to being treated. It is not comfortable at all!!! Anyway, we had a long lunch and was more like getting-to-know us session. My sup brought his wife with him and I feel that they really are compatible. The way they talk and their outlook matched. During the lunch, I was stunned by a question from my prof which i could nt answer and am embarassed; " Which place do u recommend to go in singapore. Must go places?" haha. yah. Actually i think it is fun to have this kind of gathering. lol. Anyway, I was late for the evening gathering with my piggy friends. The reason that I was late is because i left my stuff; sparklers and bomb bags in the office!!! I was in the bus 179, abt 4 bus stops away from my office. I had to alight and walk back to the office. Perhaps this is the retribution of eating fried chicken. Afterwhich, i made my way to sembawang and joined my piggy friends for dinner. We went sembawang park by car (all thanks to a piggy friend) and the 1st thing we did when we found a spot is to EAT mooncakes; cranberry, green tea, yam, banana. EAT has become our piggy club's motto i guess. Then we were playing the candles and rearrange the word "PIGGY". NICE. Took some photos with sparklers on our hands. Before we left the park, we walked back to the carpark, holding onto the lanterns. Although, sweaty, it was a very fun experience and i had enjoyed myself throughly (esp when blowing bubbles and throwing bomb bags to 'disturb' my friends). hehe.

This monday wasnt a lucky day. I spent the whole day in lab sonication + FPLC + desalting ; 13 hrs+ accumulated and thought that i may missed the last bus because i left lab at ard 11.10pm. phew! I didnt. I was super tired that day.

Tuesday morning was a day i look forward to coz i was going to change my hairstyle.1ST time perming my hair. I regretted to have medium curl instead of large curl.... =(