My singapore Idol!

My singapore Idol!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Tired

Tuesday:Checked my results and woola. I passed the requirement of 3.5. haha luckily gt 2 core modules (advanced thermo and advanced rxn engineering) to balance off 2 b- from the 2 other core modules and get a gpa of 3.75/5. Somehow, i dont feel good of getting b-; they really take the coursework seriously and luckily i study hard for it since everything is new to me. If i didnt study and have the wishful thinking they wud easily grant me at least a b for each module, then i would be in deep trouble. I did study hard for the modules, so although i passed, my feelings are complex.

Wednesday: after 6plus, i left lab and accompany my iran senior cum friend to buy a new year gift for our boss. We went vivo city and got some gifts. She treated me coz she lost the bet that we had on monday night; i told her i definitely cant get above 4.0 and she dont believe me and yah, i won the bet. I gt free burger king meal. ( afternoon i had baked seafood rice). Then we shop around for our stuff =). Reached home quite late at around 11plus and we log in gmail and chatted on what wud happen on next day while preparing boring slides. Hence, we ended up sleeping at 3plus; lack of sleep!

Thursday: Woke up at 730am and proceed for the group meeting. Was zombified and spaced out and couldnt think much. Korean senior was back. Boss said he treating us for lunch again as a new year treat! But this time with the fyp students and poly students. There were 10 of us. I got myself chicken musroom baked rice coz i had seafood baked rice the day b4. It is really unhealthy to keep eating junk food consecutively. Anyway, it was the 3rd time ( 3 out of 3 times we had lunch together which is treated by our boss), i coincidentally ordered the exact same food as boss; no idea why our taste is similar (previous time was prawn dumpling noodle in chinese restaurant; chicken chop in palete). haha. after our meals, i went back to lab and was about to leave lab at 5plus when one postdoc asked me whether i am interested to join them for dinner. I said okay and i really had fun talking to the 2 postdoc while having steamboat (their province's style of steamboat)=)