My singapore Idol!

My singapore Idol!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

a great day!

we went CDA today and witness the firemen putting out fire and all the simulations there. it is ver cool! they try to make it like the real life incident cases...be it a fire or casualties hidden. we had 2 activities today. One is on the tear gas thingy. We wore a training suit....which is the grey one and the helmet and of course the mask and boots. i think i am used to breathing thru the BA. As i had a bit of flu today, it isnt easy for me coz i am able to detect the tear gas first. I can literally feel the burning sensation at my face even though i am wearing a mask. they told us to remove our mask after that and say out the name and nirc. It feels choky and my eyes are literally burning. they said my eyes got red...haha...only me lol. Either is due to my sickness or due to my poor health. anyway, i was sneezing after that but got well after a while....haha...think it is good for the flu? btw, the suit is damn hot, i was sweating profusely.After the lunch, we went for a maze training. Again, the BA is used...12.5kg on my shoulder. We crawl in the tunnel, and there are obstacles for us to climb here and slide there. It is fun actually, but becoz most of the time, we had to crawl for 40mins,i got bruises at both of my knee cap. However, i think it is worth it although strenuous coz i really need to use all parts of my body, esp the hands coz i need to lift up myself in the hole to another level. There is only one hole which supply a ladder for me to go down( think this hole is deeper than other holes?). there are also holes which dunhave ladders. I need to use a lot of hand energy to be exact(sliding, crawling, lift myself up, squeeze through a circular tunnel, some weird shape openings). I really sweat a lot but again i muz tell u that it is a very fun experience which i wud like to try again! The officers took a video for us for the presentation during the closing ceremony. As i leave the earliest (coz my partner wants to extend his service), they said after they make a video of it, they will pass me the cd. So cool lol. Left only 2 days....i am going to miss them very much; interns, scdf building, supervisor, colleagues, NSF men, some of the DARTS people.....Sigh...if my another internship aint starting on mon, i will extend my stay too! so sad.........